Friday, September 26, 2008

AFTER SCHOOL TELEVISION

“Who’s the king of animals in Africa?” Come on you know the words, it’s Kimba the White Lion. I used to watch this everyday on the old Channel 48 in Philadelphia. I believe channel 5 in New York ran it also. Remember Daniel Baboon? How about Polly Cracker? I used to love the scarier episodes like the one with the giant grasshopper. I could never figure out what that spike coming out of Kimba's chest was though….


Go Speed Racer Go! Another one of my after school favorites! How cool was the Mach-5? That car could drive over high boulders!


Ok, I know I’m spelling this wrong, but there was this episode with the Malaj? Remember the one where the driver was a robot and would repeat the words, “The Malaj still races” over and over again? He would drive around and the hood would flip over and a big ‘X-13’ would pop up (that meant trouble) and would run the car in front of him off the road! Great stuff!


Gumby and Pokey. It was always cool the way Gumby skated across the floor. What I liked about this one was the toy Jeep they used in some episodes. This was the first show where you could go to a store and buy a bendable Gumby and Pokey that actually looked like they did on the show! A Clokey Production, those are the true classics!

No comments: