Monday, September 8, 2008

JOHNNY EXPRESS 1965

I loved this toy as a kid. This was one big truck, and I remember getting this for Christmas in 1965. We had been in our new house for about a year and I saw this huge box under the Christmas tree. Having nagged my parents to death after seeing the commercials on television I finally got one. I remember the ad where the guy stands on this thing and would ride it across the floor.

Of course, you got the truck now you needed to get the countless accessories that came with it. I managed to get a few, but I loved the truck itself. It wasn’t known for speed even though the box shows it speeding along, and the cord that came with the controller wasn’t all that long, so you had to kinda walk along with it. I remember amazing my friends at the time by standing on this thing and having it drag me across the floor. It took little to thrill us in those days.
I lost the driver from my first truck and my dog found it and chewed his head off. The truck you see in the pictures is from my personal collection and is another e-bay find. That and occasional toy shows are your best bet if your looking for one of these.

No comments: