Thursday, September 25, 2008

SHOPPING IN THE 70'S - PART 1

One of my all time favorite hang outs was our local Two Guys Department store back in the 70’s. They had everything there; think of Wal-Mart Supercenter today. You could buy furniture there, clothes, food, even get your car serviced while you went into the pet department and bought a fish.


This is from one of there circulars from the day, check out the 8-track tape deck, and the $279 includes everything record player!


How about those ‘C’ code albums on sale! I loved the record department there, I remember they put there 45’s in these little wire baskets hanging from a wall.


This picture is from the Bluebook 77 catalog where you could buy all kinds of neat stuff. Tape decks and tape recorders everywhere in every color. What a groovy life.


Admit it. Come on. At sometime in your past, either you or your parents had carpeting like this. Or do you still have carpeting like this? My aunt used to have shag carpeted stairs, they looked so soft I threw myself down them one time and almost broke my neck.
We used to have gold carpeting and a yellow vinyl couch. That couch is still in my basement somewhere. Maybe someday I’ll take a picture of it and torture you with it.

Join us again for Shopping in the 70’s – part 2

No comments: