Monday, September 22, 2008

RANDOM STUFF PART ONE

Here’s some random stuff, in my childhood there was only one soap opera that mattered. That was Dark Shadows! You not only got the games and fangs, but you had to have the comic book. “My name is Victoria Winters….” That’s how each episode started and she would go on to describe what hellish thing happened to the family the day before.


Hey, hey, were the Monkees! A rock band! A TV show! And you had to have all the records!
Pleasant Valley Sunday always reminds me of the summer of 1967. This was all over AM radio at the time. I used to listen to this on the AM radio I had strapped to my bike!


TV Guide used to be a fun magazine. They used to deal with just TV shows at one time! You couldn’t wait for the new fall season to start- the shows were so inventive it was always an adventure. Gilligans Island was another of my faves. And before you ask, the answer is ‘Ginger.’


This ladies and gentlemen is a Sneet. Back in the late 60’s you were not a cool kid if you didn’t have one of these book covers.
I don’t remember what company produced these, but they were popular for a year or two. Everybody had one, but like most fads, it went away.

No comments: